In last month’s blog we shared with you a few reasons why it is beneficial to keep your home clean. Well, this month we want to expand on what you can do regularly to keep your home clean. These are things you might do a few times a day or even daily.
So let’s get right into it.
- Always make it a point to pick up after yourself every evening. If you use a blanket or a pillow, after you are finished with it, take a few seconds to fold it up and put it back where it belongs.
- Make it a routine that your kids pick up after themselves before they go to bed. Or have them put one toy away before they start playing with a new one.
- If you have an empty cup or plate, take it to the sink as soon as you’re finished with it or the next time you walk out to the kitchen.
- If you have a dishwasher, immediately put your dishes in the dishwasher and run it when it’s full. If you don’t, try to do the dishes every night, or every other night. You will thank yourself when you don’t walk into your house and find a filled sink!
- Every morning make your bed and every night make sure you put your clothing right into the hamper and your shoes in their proper place.
- Sweep your kitchen floor regularly. We are not saying you have to mop and all of that jazz regularly, but on the nights you make dinner at home, sweep the floors. Make this a task that everyone in the house does by simply trading off nights.
These simple tasks only take a few minutes and in the end will make you feel better. Walking into a bedroom that is clean or a living room that is clean always brings a calming feeling. These simple tips will help you have that calming feeling every time you walk into your house or a room! And let’s be honest, shouldn’t we always have that feeling when we are in the comfort of our own home?
Until next time, happy cleaning!
Kelly’s Kleaning, LLC is a full-service cleaning company. We specialize in residential, commercial, apartment move out and new home cleaning. We offer our cleaning services to individuals and businesses in and around Reading PA, Ephrata PA, Sinking Spring PA, and Leesport PA.