In today’s world, laundry is not that difficult given that detergents and machines are much more evolved than they were before. However, stains are still difficult to remove from clothing and some stains need special treatment.
Most stains need to be taken care of as soon as possible, however there are a few ways to remove old stains from clothing. But if you can get to the stain ASAP, do it! Here is how to take care of it immediately:
- You immediately want to pretreat it with a stain remover and let it soak.
- Run the item through the wash cycle, using the warmest setting safe enough for the fabric.
- If the stain is still there, repeat. Avoid from putting in the dryer until the stain has been removed.
To take care of a set-in stain, here is a simple how-to using vinegar:
- Saturate the stain with vinegar.
- Immediately rub the stain with a paste that is made out of equal parts vinegar and baking soda.
- If the stain is still there, add a couple tablespoons of vinegar and laundry detergent in a bucket with water and soak your clothing overnight.
- Rinse and wash.
While both of these methods may work for most stains, there are some types that need a bit more attention. Check out these ideas on how to remove specific stains and here are more ideas on how to remove stains using vinegar.
No matter the stain, don’t let it fight with you! There is almost always a way to get rid of stains from clothing!
Are there ways you have found to help remove stains? We would love to hear about them, please be sure to comment with your ideas below!
Are you interested in a FREE cleaning service consultation or learning more about our cleaning services? Kelly’s Kleaning can help you tidy up the office, house, or garage.