Thanksgiving is just a week away and if you are hosting a Thanksgiving meal at your house, you probably have a lot to do. On the big day you don’t want to worry about too much cleaning, so it’s a great idea to start your cleaning a few days before and doing a little bit each day. This will make your life a lot easier come Thanksgiving Day when you are worrying about cooking! Let’s break the days down.
Start preparing for your cleaning tasks.
- Walk around your house and make a list of your cleaning tasks. Make note of the major cleaning spots. When you’re walking around, think about where your guests will be and only focus on those rooms.
- Check your cleaning supplies. Take inventory of everything you have and if you need anything, add it to your shopping list.
You will be spending a lot of time in your kitchen on Thanksgiving. Take the time to clean it.
- Clean your stovetop and oven and make sure they are ready for a busy day.
- Most times the serving ware that you use on Thanksgiving is only used a few times a year, so give those a quick wash and keep them in a close spot so you aren’t wasting time looking for them.
- Clean any surface including your countertops, cabinet doors, refrigerator door, and backsplash. If there are any stains or splashes that you have been avoiding, today is your day to clean them!
Clean up the other areas your guests will be in.
- Give your bathroom a good clean. Make sure the hand soap and hand towels are stocked and ready.
- Sweep and dust any other room they will be in.
- If you are having out-of-town guests, clean the guest bedroom and change the sheets, if you haven’t changed them lately.
If you handled all of the above, today focus on making sure you have everything you need for the meal. It’s also a great idea to start prepping some of your dishes so all you need to do is put them in the oven. Be sure to clean up as you go!
Since all of your major cleaning is done, all you need to do is go through and wipe up or do a quick clean of areas that may need it. Or better yet, since your hands will be full with food prepping, delegate your family to do a quick look through and make sure everything is tidy and ready!
Day after Thanksgiving:
It’s always best to do another quick clean the day after. It shouldn’t take long but it will ensure any messes or dirt that you missed from your clean up after dinner will be picked up.
- Walk around and make sure all of the trash is picked up.
- Do a quick vacuum and dusting of any room that your guests were in.
- Give your stovetop and oven a quick clean.
After the big day is over, sit back and relax! Enjoy a glass of wine and don’t try to think about Christmas being right around the corner! We will get to that cleaning in our next blog.
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us a Kelly’s Kleaning!
Kelly’s Kleaning, LLC is a full-service cleaning company. We specialize in residential, commercial, apartment move out and new home cleaning. We offer our cleaning services to individuals and businesses in and around the Reading area.